Sunday, October 08, 2006

Few more weeks to A-level/ prelim results

Juz had my lunch. Feel like blogging b4 continuing my revision. Many of my friends say that they will not blog for these few weeks becoz they need to prepare for their A-level. Well, i dun believe in this. Perhaps i enjoy sharing things with others, so i need to blog to release my emotion. If not, i can't concentrate when i'm studying.
Well, prelim result is out. Erm... okok, not too bad, though i'm not too happy with it.

Chinese A: 68% (B)
Maths: 80% (A)
Economics: 62% (C)
Chemistry: 74% (A)
GP: 52% (C6)

Hmm.... so i got AAB, C6. To many ppl, this is quite a good set of results becoz prelim is normally more difficult than A-level. Well, i shld say that i did quite ok becoz this term i had a bit of distraction like TXY stuffs and China trip, yet i still can get a set of respectable result. Well, i shld say that i won't be so sad getting this set of results becoz....

Chinese: Becoz i didn't do well for my Literature paper, so i didn't get an A like i normally did. So i really needa spend more time memorising my literature stuff. Becoz i heard that to get an A for A-level, it's very difficult coz to secure an A, 85% for chinese lit is a must. Well, i kept on getting 70+%, so it's not enough. The best result will only be a B. So it really motivates me to study chinese.

Maths: 80% looks good to many ppl i believe coz many ppl dun even get 80% for their secondary school A & E maths. Well, I may be a bit disappointed becoz i expected myself to get 85% to secure an A during A-level. In addition, i wasn't the top in maths. The top student in my class for math was 90%. OMG! So, i think that i needa do more preparation to secure an A.

Economics: This is really the fairy tale for this prelim. I was even one of the top in class, 4th 0r 5th, i think. I had never gotten a C for my econs for these 2 yrs. I finally knew how to prepare for econs. Well, even my teacher says that i had improved tremendously. Well, but my essay is still not up to the standard, though i passed. I knew the way to study MCQ & data-response already. HAPPY, HAPPY! I have always wanted to give up but yet i got C. So perhaps, god wants me to study econs. Perhaps i shld aim for better grades. Motivated to do so.

Chemistry: 74%. After i took the paper, i knew that i didn't do well for my paper 3, which takes up 50% of the chem paper. Indeed, i only got 62% for paper 3, a bit unhappy, though many ppl did very badly. For MCQ, which takes up 20% of the full paper, i got 31/40. I was shocked coz i expected something lower. Then i was thinking, i need 47/60 for paper 2 to get an A. This paper 2 takes up 30%. And guess what, i got 54/60. Totally shocked. I even thought that my hope to get A for chem had diminished. Haha, now i know that as long as i can do well for paper 3, i can do well for my chem. But for the actual A-level, SPA takes up 20% & theory takes up 80%. I knew that my results for SPA will be lower than many ppl coz i didn't do well. So my theory paper needs to score at least 80% to secure an A.

GP: 2/3 of the class failed and i passed and in my class, those who passed, nobody gets more than 60%. I think that i dun needa be so afraid that i may fail my GP coz i can write GP essay well but i still couldn't do well for compre. I'm diff from avg students who do better in compre.

Many ppl may ask abt my studying time table now. Well, i actually followed my mood. For prelim, coz i hadn't gone thru all my work. I needa plan carefully to ensure i went thru my work. But now, i had gone thru my work twice and in the progress of going thru the third time, so i'm more comfortable now. My mood will tell me that today is an econs day, tml is a chem & math day, so on..... My aim is to go thru my stuff 4 times b4 my exams. I feel that this way of revising is quite alright coz i hate to be restricted.

My ideal result for A-level, which is an UTOPIA is
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Chinese A: A
Economics: A
GP: B3

Well but my guess will be

Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Chinese A: B
Economics: B
GP: C6

Hope that my dream will come true and i must work hard to make sure my dream will come true.

Anyway, i think that my NS enlistment day will be coming soon. 1 classmates of mine had received. So i shld receive my this wk. Hope that i can go in only in april, coz i wanna help out in the TXY orientation and hope that i can do so, if not i'll be an extra person in txy, not doing anything at all.... Take care guys

3 Comments:

Blogger angelflyxx said...

u're doin so well already!!! keep up the good work!


Vivian

6:53 PM  
Blogger XL said...

really hao jiu bu jian! haha expectations so high hm! keep it up lo! >< i miss baoguan so much leh zz but also need to wait exams over ba. haha REN. added u on msn :D you kong liao ok ^^

12:27 AM  
Blogger -whocares said...

oh man.. i see some good results from yaa ehh :D haha although i ain't sure what is considered good or bad in jc system but well, as long as you've improved, then its good le :D hahah jiayou jiayou for A's! man you set high targets for yourself. but well, its a way of achieving it (:

cecilia

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Jurong, Singapore, Hong Kong

Hmm. I'm really an avg guy, avg in everything, that's why i'm still single now. I'm also a lamer coz i love to crack a lot of lame and "yellow" jokes, haha!

Powered by Blogger