Friday, November 09, 2007

A special letter to my buddy

This letter is written to one of my good friends. I won't mention who he is.

To my dearest buddy,

I know that you have encountered something that has a great impact in your life. At that particular instance, you may feel that everything is over.

I understand your feeling. Indeed it's really very sad, but life really has to carry on. I admire your ambitious heart and passion, but there is still a difference btw passion and reality. Though it's still possible for you to pursue your dream, but how great is the chance? You shld know it better than anyone else. Perhaps your thinking is that I must try even the possibility is 0.1%.

I agree with you that if you don't try, how will you know that i can't do it? Well, have you thought of the sacrifices you make if you try? Is it worth it?

Perhaps you are still very young, you may not fully understand what i mean. Or even you understand, you may not agree with me. As a buddy of yours, i really hope that you can think twice, thrice and so on. I remember you telling me that you will give up your studies for your dream. That's really a foolish decision becoz studying is still the priority in your life now.

I have analysed with you all the possible outcomes if you choose to pursue your dream. You may think that something juz won't happen. Perhaps you haven't fully seen the world. Everything can happen. I quote you an example: I had tried my very best to maintain a friendship with a friend few yrs back with my time. I do screw up a lot for my studies and I tell myself that maybe god will repay me with the friendship. Eventually, i lost the friendship and also screw up my exams. I didn't get anything good in repay. Perhaps you think that lost-lost situation wouldn't happen, but in reality, it does.

I just want to tell you that don't feel depressed anymore. I understand that you are going for a holiday. Enjoy it! Hope that you can stay happy after that. Actually many ppl are envious that you have almost everything that a guy desires. So, why do you feel sad juz becoz of a single thing? If you are allowed to choose btw your dream and all the positive quanlities you have, which one will u choose? For me, i'll definitely choose the 2nd choice.

I hope that you'll take good care of yourself. I admit that i'm quite worried about you coz i have nvr seen you like that.

Buddy, you are still young, you have a very long way to go. Who knows, you may encounter something in the future change your dream. Actually sometimes in life, the more you pursure, the more you won't get it. This is even sung in a Cantonese song : “寻遍了却偏失去,未盼却在手”In life, many things are like that. You will start to realise that sooner or later.

From your buddy
Billy (9/11)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Jurong, Singapore, Hong Kong

Hmm. I'm really an avg guy, avg in everything, that's why i'm still single now. I'm also a lamer coz i love to crack a lot of lame and "yellow" jokes, haha!

Powered by Blogger